Thursday, December 19, 2019

Trumpeter Granddaughter

Yesterday we went to watch our granddaughter Reese's concert. It brought back memories from the times we went to watch our own children at their school events. I found it to be a happy evening even if it was crowded with people I don't know. Being with my family was a blessing.

The first concert was for a younger bunch than our granddaughter and I found it to be so funny that the "Christmas" program had nothing to do with the season but was about being green --- recycling. Ok! Well the choir looked like they were having fun. I missed the songs from my children's youth.... hurry santa, jingle bells, all I want for Christmas is  my two front teeth; or the music from my youth Silent Night, T'waz the night before Christmas, Frosty the Snowman... sigh. I know things change but do they have to?




No comments: