Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Last Night!

Our Northern Show
The lights first showed up as a large, bright band.
It spanned the whole northern sky.
We watched.
We rode home from Anchorage.
16 degrees F, 10:30 p.m.
We arrived at home.
Tending to the dogs outside.
Looking up and watching.
The show continues.
Just for us!
BRRRRR!
We go inside.
Sitting in the dark.
Watching lights dance in the woodstove.
Stoking the fire, quietly talking.
Aurora's keep dancing!
Around to the side of the house now!
Private livingroom show now!
We get up.
We watch from the window
We share our show here.
P.S. These pictures were taken within one minute.
They were really being showy!

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Just a camera. I really don't know what I am doing but those showed up alright. Usually you are the one that knows when the lights are out! I guess we lucked out.

Kerri said...

I love the northern lights. They remind me of my Uncle Henry. I especially love that yours were so GREEN! :o)

Constance said...

I have never seen the Northern lights! Living down here in Texas probably means I can count that out! My husband Dave is an avid fisherman and he and his best friend Charlie (our son is named after him) go fishing up in Canada. They usually drive till they run out of road and then are flown in with their canoes and supplies. He has seen them many times over the years but I unfortunately, have never had the opportunity : (

Niall MacC said...

Great pictures. I have always wanted to see the lights. Gad you posted them and shared them.
Ruth