Wednesday, December 25, 2019

She Would Cry

This holiday season has been a tearful one. I find myself crying at any moment. Happy times. Sad times. Lonely time. Times when I hear a traditional Christmas song sung perfectly. I wonder if this comes with age.

Mom would cry. I would be perplexed when she cried when it was a happy time. Momma, it's a happy time, don't cry.

Now I know. We cry for Christmas past. Memories that come back with emotion. Those that are not with us that were such a big part of our lives. Gone. Relationships that are hurting, seemingly never to be repaired. Families that were torn apart because of some vice. All these can't be fixed by us, but God longs for us to be filled to overflowing with joy and with God all things are possible. We can't be filled with joy apart from His grace for joy comes from Him!

In my fallen state I cannot be without tears. I know someday we all will stand with Jesus and it all will be right! No more tears, that is a promise. No more tears!! Imagine a life without such heartache. I can't but I do have hope.

Merry Christmas! Such a shallow word in today's fallen state....".merry". It is hard to have for so many. Blessed Christmas! A much better greeting for it calls on God for all that is wonderful. God blesses us with joy! "Joy unspeakable."

Here's pictures from our 2019 joyful get together.











No comments: