Monday, June 20, 2005

Butterflies & Lilac Trees

The butterflies are super busy right now. They are so pretty. Thought you would enjoy seeing this new picture. My daughter Marie was sharing pictures with me about a nasty, ugly bug that is attacking Aspen trees in the area and they are gross especially when they build webs around trees that they are devouring while they are grubs. It seems that Alaska is seeing a lot of strange bugs in the last few years and I wonder if that is because winters have been shorter and milder? Maybe less snow? I don't know but seeing strange bugs makes me want to stay inside the house all the time.... until a wasp comes in then I feel like runnning outside! Yep, I am a 'fraidy cat when it comes to bugs! But.... butterflies are so pretty. The first time we looked at ths property that we live on, these butterflies were flitting here and there. I will never forget that.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

That's a great picture. Thanks for sharing! :o)

Connie Marie said...

Thanks Carrie! I think taking pictures of butterflies is one of my favorite subjects... beside the family.... dogs... okay maybe it just fun! :-)