Monday, February 26, 2007

Diggin' Up Bones

"Simcha has no credibility whatsoever," says Joe Zias...

I was at MSN.com yesterday and saw the article about the guy who believes that a 1980 discovery of a burial plot is Jesus Christ's family tomb site. I read with interest, what he has been led to believe is the tomb of my Savior; His burial place and bones, along with ten others in other bone boxes. Diggin' up bones just in time for Easter too!

I thought to myself, ah bah humbug, another easy buck for someone; then I went on to another article.

Well, this morning the NBC Today Show had them on. Meredith Vieira (I love to watch her.) commented that we would be hearing more of this in the coming days. A topic that to me, as a Believer in no bones left behind, is interesting. I have faith that God raised His Son from the dead and "He is not here, but is risen!" (Luke 24:6.) But, I have learned that before the return of Christ there will be a falling away; the faith of many who claim to know and walk with God, through Jesus Christ, will be tested and will fall away. Sadly, not all that say "Lord, Lord," will be known by Him.

These old-new news stories come and go; Apostle Paul even spoke about this. The Lord never changes, what He said --will be. I do realize that someday, many "Christian's" will fall away from believing for having believed a clever lie. I would guess that loving their way of life more than the teachings of Jesus Christ, it will be easy to believe whatever that lie may be.

As for me, I believe that Jesus Christ, was born, lived on the earth for 30+ years, taught about God's Kingdom during that time, then was taken and crucified. He died and was buried three days and then, through the power of God, was resurrected--- all of him, not just His Spirit. He was seen by many before He returned to His Father's side. Thomas even touched His side. You can't touch the side of a Spirit. In God's Kingdom, He is preparing a place for those, we, us, me that continue in the faith, during this life ---no matter what some person or being may come along and claim as another truth. My heart tells me and so many others ---Yes, this is truth.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. II Thessalonians 2:3,4.

Day 62

2 comments:

Constance said...

AMEN sister! When I read that sort of junk it makes me really angry and aggravated. I didn't go see the Davinci Code for the same reason.

I had a basic understanding of the movie, there was the belief that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had children together! I don't have to stand in the midst of filth and trash to find out whether something is dirty or of no value! Why would I see a movie that would portray my Beautiful Savior in a role different than who HE is?

Just last night, my 16 year old son Charles & I were talking in the car, on the way home from his guitar lessons and guys bible study he has every Friday night, on this very topic. I reminded him that there is judgment against those who are a stumbling block to others. I wouldn't want to stand in their shoes before Jesus when He judges!

Even Charlie said he feels we are in the last days and now wants to read the book of Revelation. He said, "Why would I be afraid of what I read? I'm a Christian and because I'm in Christ, that bad stuff isn't happening to me!"

The world just keeps spiraling downward doesn't it?
Connie

Constance said...

My days are really turned around or I'm anxious for the weekend already! I wrote Friday night when I really meant Monday night! OOPS!