Thursday, June 16, 2005

Summer Solstice

I can't believe that it is almost June 21st. The most depressing day of my year! Even if it is still summer here, I know the days are going to begin to lose daylight... and that is what depresses me. Does it do that to anyone else? Being a Grandparent. I was thinking about this. My oldest brother Don and his wife Edna became first time grandparents on June 14. Little boy. "what a miracle" he said. It truely is. Life goes on, how long only God knows. Each child that comes along is special. I am thankful to live in a Country where we can pursue prosperity for ourselves and our children and grandchildren. Many other countries, the children are not so blessed. I realize even in USA many little ones suffer too. But, if parents and grandparents have their heads screwed on right, most kids fare well in this wonderful free (?) United States of America. America's values were established by Men and Women who had more knowledge of God, the God who created this Universe. They lived lives to honor Him, so USA prospered. Not so sure today whats up with a lot of new laws and rules. No one can "see" unless God allows them to see. I am more and more taught by God that I need to be more in prayer for these special, wonderful additions to our lives. Enough rambling on that. It is summer... it is sunny and I can choose to be happy, because He loves me and He loves my grandbabies more than I know! .... and yours too!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I was just commenting to my husband how bright it was even though it was almost Midnight. I know it's even brighter where you are and I feel the same as you. I hate to see it get darker each day.

I'm so happy for Don and Edna...and of course the baby's parents. Babies are wonderful blessings.

I'm so glad that you've started a blog! Honestly, I am. I really enjoy mine and was probably more excited than your sister when she started hers. :o)

Connie Marie said...

I actually began blogging a while back but busy with websites made this sort of fade away on to the back burner somewhere.

I started a blog when I was surfing one night reading about victims of suicide.

Just never continued it and anyway it is such a depressing subject.

Mil is doing great with her blog!