Tuesday, June 21, 2005

June 21st - Longest Day of the Year

Moon last night above my neighbors shop/home. It was very red. I was working on a website and when I was done I was talking to ChewChew, doing what is becoming a nightly ritual. Time for bed, little guy. (I have been putting him into a pet carrier each night since he was a pup.) He looks at me like, already??? Yup, then I picked him up and carried him to bed when I looked out the window and saw the moon. Very red, which means... smoke. My daughter told me there are fires on Yukon somewhere. I don't know, I have not listened to the news in a long, long time. I peeked into my daughters room this morning and she was watching the news and looks like nothing is new... for being "New". Everything is old, nothing is new. BUT... got a laugh when they showed a deer that somehow ended up in a store. Funny guy was running down one of the aisle, maybe looking for some new fangled packaged deer snacks. June 21st has always been a bit of a sad day to me since we make a turn back towards the long, dark days of winter..... its hard to shake the feeling --- even when I walk outside in the bright, warm sun. Hey! It's still summer inAlaska. It's summer! The lake is not frozen, the birds are still busy here... but look at the fireweed. hmmm The picture looks like it needs a howling husky in it.... speaking of howling huskies!!!! A fun event with lots of gospel singing will be going on July 30 -31st in Palmer. Outdoors. Lots of good food like... friend bread, salmon chowder, Indian tacos..... great company!!! If you are at all interested Check it out!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I took pictures of the moon last night, too! It wasn't red down here, though. I haven't posted them yet, but will soon.

Your sister told me all about Howling Huskies last year. I wish I could be there!

Connie Marie said...

Looking forward to seeing your moon... I mean your moon pictures, Carrie!

That's right Mil... sending a belated birthday hug over towards your Solstice Baby!