Monday, August 24, 2009

Where Are You Setting Your Gaze?

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Whatever I set my eyes on influences me. When I continue to keep focused there, it changes me. It is important that I always stay aware of what or whom I am allowing my mind and my focus to be influenced by.

I love that we have God's word so readily available in the USA and I pray that this freedom continues to be allowed to us. It is such a treasure to have the written Word of God. I can't even imagine my life without it's influence.

I pray that you have a great day today. Read the Bible, it's influence is eternal.

Here is a good read on the miracle of the Bible. It is testimony of the heart of God to have kept the Bible going for thousands of years so I can read it today! It's a short book so get your beverage of choice! The Miracle of the Bible

4 comments:

Susannah said...

Your link is well-worth the read. Eloquently written. :~D

Faith said...

AMen Sister! Will go to that link right now! thanks for sharing....and for your nice comment on mine :)
I'm glad YOU are on FB too!!

nancy said...

Hi, Connie Marie. I just came by to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you.
Gosh, I love that old song. such a wonderful, simple truth.
Glad to know all is well with you. I always watch your weather. Looks like it's cold already!
Love,
Nancy

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Connie Marie....thanks for stopping by my blog as it led me to you and your
alaskan blog. I have family in Soldotna, "West Choropractic", if your ever in that artea. The cradle bench is wonderful, I love those, Stop back again, loved having you visit, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...