Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twisty Kink


Ashlee, our granddaughter.

Cleaning and scrubbing
Can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up
We've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my babies
'Cause babies won't keep.

That used to be a good reason to put off some cleaning back in the old days. "As long as your kitchen and bathroom are clean then that's good enough" was advice Mom gave to me once when I was so busy with little ones. You've also heard that "cleaning up with little ones around is like shoveling snow before it's stopped snowing." My little ones have grown up long ago! I never thought it would ever happen, but it did! I can clean and clean and clean but still the dust/dirt/cobwebs ends up winning.

Yesterday I pulled off the bedding and stuffed my down pillows into the washer. I've done it before and they've come through very nicely. Yesterday, I sat out on the deck in the sun with Mom (51F!) and I completely forgot about sticking the pillows into the dryer. This morning my back is a bit twisted. Thanking God for Tylenol!

The twisty kink in my upper back could be from the missing down pillow (I used one of the firm pillows that Doug likes) or it could be from trying to shake the heavy down comforter yesterday. Anyway, I slowly sat up this morning and groaned.

Spending time with children is better than trying to keep a perfect home when they are young. They grow up and are gone, but the house is still here waiting to be cleaned! Learning them how to help with the cleaning is a very good thing though. When I heard my kids say - "I am bored!" I would ask them "Would you like me to help you find something to do?" Boredom did not last long in our home!

Can you guess who this scripture is referring to?
"So the child grew and became strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his manifestation to Israel." (The Gospel According to Luke).

3 comments:

Susannah said...

John the Baptist?

Sorry about the twisty kink in your back, Connie Marie. :~(

I agree, who wants to clean house when there are precious children to spend time with? (I've always enjoyed that poem.)

(((Hugs))

Attie said...

OOHH I love that poem!! hope your not so kinky tomorrow!!

Joy said...

That poem is so adorable! Love it!
I am sorry about your back. I hope it feels better very soon.
I soooo agree with you on how time with our dear little ones is so much MORE important than cleaning! That is why I STILL have NOT even started my spring cleaning! LOLOL
God bless
Joy