Thursday, March 26, 2009

Along the Way

"He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. Like one from whom men hide their faces; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted" Isaiah 53:3. (Ravi Zacharias, A Slice of Infinity, Upon Holy Ground)

God Incomprehensible. Lord how great is our dilemma! In Thy Presence silence best becomes us, but love inflames our hearts and constrains us to speak. Were we to hold our peace the stones would cry out; yet if we speak, what shall we say? Teach us to know that we cannot know, for the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Let faith support us where reason fails, and we shall think because we believe, not in order that we may believe. In Jesus Name, Amen. (A.W.Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy)

"I'm learning that people who get mad and upset do because of pride - I'm learning that from my own reactions." (Klinton VanWingerden)

Mount Redoubt volcano erupted for the second time this morning [THURSDAY,TODAY] with a huge explosion at 9:24 that sent a cloud of ash to 65,000 feet above sea level, higher than any explosion yet. With ash drifting east, Alaska Airlines has already canceled a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks and is considering canceling more. 11:30 AM (ADN.COM)

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients always died in the same bed, on Sunday morning, at about 11:00 am, regardless of their medical condition. This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had something to do with the supernatural. No one could solve the mystery as to why the deaths always occurred under the same circumstances, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause. One Sunday morning, a few minutes before 11:00 am, all of the doctors, nurses and other experts nervously waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon was all about. Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off evil spirits. Just when the clock struck 11:00, Kenneth Roberts, the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered the ward and unplugged the life support system so he could use the vacuum cleaner. (My E-Mail, from Sandi)

I hope you're having or had a better day than those patients did!

7 comments:

Constance said...

Oh my, I feel guilty for laughing! Too funny! I have been searching for my perfect pillow and believe I finally found it! I got it a KOHL's and it has a gel center. I bought one of those memory pillows, two actually and the one was as hard as a rock! It was so full it pushed my chin down, giving me a headache in the mornings! The other was contoured shape and only good if I was a back sleeper, which I am not.

My house has always been a train wreck. Only now, does it look better and that's because only Charlie's still at home. Surprisingly, for an 18 year old, he's not nearly as messy as all my girls were!

Have a great Friday!
MUAH,
Connie

Marie VW said...

"we shall think because we believe, not in order that we may believe"... such a great quote. Tozer is great. Nice Pictures!

Joy said...

LOL I should be ashamed for finding that funny. I know its not but LOL !

I love that quote:

I'm learning that people who get mad and upset do because of pride - I'm learning that from my own reactions." (Klinton VanWingerden)

That is so true and so good.

I hope that you are doing well. I always look forward to reading your blog. It is such a blessing. Take care
and God bless
Joy

mrsjojo said...

WOW!! Tozer and Zacharias in one post! Those guys can certainly make me think HARD!!! :) OUCH!

Klint-way to go young man.

Your ICU story was funny.

Nice photo show!

TO BECOME said...

Was the story real? If it was,how sad.

The picture is such a good one at the top of your post. I love your verses. Hope that volcano settles down. I hope you are always safe. Take care and have a good day. connie

Connie Marie said...

Connie M. I don't believe it is real, it came in an email with funny stories. Perhaps it is not so funny huh? My apologies!

Attie said...

oohh dear!! makes ya think!! thanks goodness all those have battery backup!!