Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day

So I woke up this morning and read Our Daily Bread.
"You don't have to tour Ressurection Bay in Alaska to appreciate the natural marvels of our earth, but it helps."
The reading was from Psalm 148 (read the whole chapter).

Praise the Lord from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all you stars of light!
Praise Him, you heavens of heavens,
and waters above the heavens!

Let them praise the name of the Lord,
For He commanded and they were created.
He also established them forever and ever;
He made a decree which shall not pass away.

So it's good to take care of our Earth and keep it looking good, and protect the ecosystems to make sure all those little critters and plant life, and waters, can continue to praise the Lord!

I loved the devotion this morning and since it mentioned Alaska, I thought I would share it with you.

Praying that God will establish His Kingdom on earth. (Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed be thine name, THY KINGDOM COME... Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.) It will be so beautiful, and it will be perfect, because all this trouble we have now will be fixed. Mankind just has troubles that don't quit... without God, what is our hope?

9 comments:

Faith said...

Love this psalm...thanks for sharing this!
I somehow misplaced my Daily Bread devotional....argh...glad you posted the thoughts for the day!!! Your pics are gorgeous!

Marie VW said...

Beautiful pictures!

DeLong House said...

How cool that Alaska is mentioned in the devotional! I love that boat ride. It is just one of those places where only pictures can describe it to any sort of satisfaction.

TJ said...

Amen! I love that verse.

Kathy said...

Psalm 148 is beautiful. Loved your post today...Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

Kelli said...

Wonderful post! Happy Earth day to you!
~Kelli

Susannah said...

What an interesting coincidence that your devotions mentioned AK today. This psalm makes me weepy for some reason. God's Word does that to me sometimes! :~D

Constance said...

While I have never been to resurrection Bay (maybe one day) photos don't do justice to God's creation. I feel God's presence so strongly when we're out in the majesty of His handiwork! Once, while we were hiking the Highline Trail at Glacier NP in Montana I was taking in the panoramic sights. It was overwhelming when I thought of how all things were created for His pleasure. As I was enjoying it as well, for one inth of a measurement, my heart was connected with His!

Thanks for the prayer and I will let everyone know when it goes online! The new series starts this Sunday and I believe it will be week 2 where they use my testimony.
Connie

Joy said...

Those photo's are just wonderful! I read our daily bread as well. I like that it is small and you can take it anywhere with you.
Thanks for sharing the Psalm it is so beautiful.
Joy