Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Whiter Than Snow

Whenever it snows I always remember this song:

My heart was black with sin
Until the Savior came in.
His precious blood I know
Has washed it whiter than snow!
And in God's Word I'm told,
I'll walk the streets of gold.
Oh wonderful, wonderful day!
He washed my sins away!

OR as the Wordless Book has:
I'll read my Bible and pray,
And grow in Him everyday.

That is a cute song to sing with little ones, and they enjoy the Wordless Book. I did too when I was sitting on the little tiny tots red-stools in the tiny Chapel in tiny Old Harbor.

Yes! It began to blow a bit yesterday evening and this morning it's warmer and it's snowing a lot now! So pretty outside.

I'm thankful that my sins have been forgiven. My heart is whiter than new snow on a bright, sun shining day! God's forgiveness is complete! He does not forgive the way I sometimes do - forgive yes, but remember and bring it up another day to hash over again and again. Good thing my forgiveness did not depend on the incomplete forgiveness such as my own - but God's forgiveness is perfect because God is perfect!

The prophet Amos wrote down the words of God speaking to His people.

To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?...
Bring no more futile sacrifices...
Incense is an abomination to Me...
The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies— I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting...
They are a trouble to Me...
I am weary of bearing them...
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD,
"Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
Isaiah 1
These people would do as the Laws demanded, but God hated it even though they were doing what He said they should do to pay for their sins (previous to Jesus Christ's death and resurrection). God grew to hate their rituals because they didn't do these things to draw near to God, they were fulfilling another obligation in their lives. After their sacrifices they went back to their sinful lives. God who longs for the fellowship of mankind but cannot tolerate black hearts provided the ultimate sacrifice for forgiveness. Today, we enjoy complete forgiveness because Jesus Christ paid the last price to cover our awful sins, just so that we can fellowship with Him! He is so good to us. I am thankful.

Please keep Millie in your prayers tomorow, she will be having surgery to replace her feeding tube with a new one. Thank you.

7 comments:

Constance said...

Isn't our Savior wonderful? Sometimes, when I'm praising Him, my heart can barely contain itself. Whatever will it be like to stand in His presence and kneel before Him in adoration? Good thing we'll be dead becasue His glory would probably do us in!

I Praying for Millie's surgery...

Connie

~~Deby said...

First time at your blog...shhh...we are considering a move to your area....and just browsing..
Deby

Connie Marie said...

Thanks Connie.

Bring your parka if you decide to move Daughter of the King, and thanks for visiting.

Faith said...

What beautiful snowy pics. I really enjoyed reading this post, too. I will pray for your sister.
Hugs from NYS!

TO BECOME said...

Great post. Snow always bring to my mind, purity and I hate to see it get dirty. your friend from Texas, connie

Jennifer said...

Hi I came upon your blog through Faith at Gold In The Clouds.

Those snow pictures are GREAT!!!!!! I got my oldest son, he is 8, to come to the computer so he could see them. He said..."She lives in ALASKA!!" He thought that was way cool! ha..ha..ha..

Anyways...I just had to leave a comment and tell you how beautiful those pictures were. I'm wishing for some snow like that here in Tennessee!

I will visit again soon.

Jennifer
from TN

Attie said...

What a beautiful post pictures and all!!!