Friday, December 28, 2007

A New Poetry Book

Sammy Kaye's Sunday Serenade, Book of Poetry. Marie gave this to me for Christmas. Sammy Kaye was a radio show celebrity. Come "Swing and Sway with Sammy Kaye." He played orchestra style music and read poetry sent in from listeners. I plan to add a few songs from iTunes soon.

Pg. 57
"I never saw a woman
More like a garden...

And no one loves a garden
More tenderly than I."

Love you Mom!

~Marie

I love the book Marie.

The poem is in the book and was written by Norine Freeman. Here is the complete poem which I want to pass on to all the women in my life. My own Mom, my husbands Mom, my sisters, my brothers wives, my daughters, nieces, cousins and friends :

Alma

I never saw a woman
More like a garden
Than you, with flowers of loveliness
Shining through your eyes.
Blowing all around you
Are the sweet winds of beauty
Singing the majestic psalm that never, never dies.

You may have known the shadows.
Most women know them.
Clouds pass over gardens, too,
And leave them bright with rain.
But love is all around you...
Part of your being.
And any clouds you may have known
Have threatened you in vain.

I never saw a woman
More like a garden.
You give your flowers of loveliness
To all who wander by;
Color, light, and sweetness
To carry through a lifetime,
And no one loves a garden
More tenderly than I.

Tend your gardens ladies!

*madly pulling weeds here trying to keep it beautiful*

Thanks Marie.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

What a lovely, lovely poem! Thanks for sharing it, Connie Marie. (I can hardly wait for spring flowers... currently, my living room is full of white orchids.)

When you get a chance, please stop by my New Year's party.

(((Hugs)))

Jan Parrish said...

Hi Connie-

I was just commenting on how cold the weather is around here lately and out popped, "What is this, Alaska?" Then I remembered you and had to stop by and see how cold my Alaska friend has been. OK, you beat us. I knew you would. LOL. Our high today was 26 and the low of 0.

Cute old timer music. :) I love antiques. And the poetry is beautiful.

Happy 2008!

Connie Marie said...

e-Mom, things will be getting back to normal now that the holidays are over. I am cleaning up Christmas here yet and plan to do blogging much more thoroughly after that. White orchids sound BEATIFUL!

Jan, happy new year! I am glad you stopped by and yes, we are cold yet. Daylight should be getting longer now and this will be encouraging to a lot of Alaskan's.