Friday, April 06, 2007

Drip, Drip, Drip

Here are a few pictures I just took this evening of the lake and the water all over the track the guys made. My son Kris didn't believe me when I said that I think that maybe it's not a good idea to ride out there anymore. He went out, as you can see, and he said I was right, there are places where it's open clear to the bottom! I am glad they were not big enough for him to disappear into yet! So that part of our winter is pretty much over.

It's been in the mid 40's for at least four days now. We still have a lot of snow but it's going fast. I love hearing the drip, drip, drip of spring. It's staying light so much longer now!

Been to visit with Millie many times since her return and she is improving little by little. When we move her arms and legs around a lot she will open up her eyes a bit, especially her left eye. If I sit with her long enough I get to see a lot of people I have not seen for a while since they've been dropping by to say hi to Mil. I think she needs a guest book!

Myspace Layouts ...Happy Easter to all!

Wow! ...into the triple digits Mil! Day 101.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm glad you are starting to thaw out up there. Winter seems to have hung on extra long this year...even down here in southeast. Before our nice "springy" weekend last week, we had an entire week of snow. That's so unusual for these parts. I thought for sure we'd have a white Easter! We're back to rain now, though.

Adam called me again last night. He let me listen to Millie snore while I talked in her ear. :o) He asked me, "Do you hear her snoring?" and we both giggled. He shouldn't have told me I was on speaker phone, though. I couldn't think after that so didn't say much. I thought of SO MANY things I could have told her after we hung up. :o( I didn't even remember to tell her I saw swans. *sigh*

I hope you and your family have a nice Easter.

Connie Marie said...

I told Millie that you saw swans Carrie. :-) I told her that you really miss her.

Constance said...

It was the craziest thing: We had snow flurries on Saturday!!!! I had to re-light the pilot light on the furnace and I had already shut it down for the winter. (tested the A/C a couple of days before that!!!) Hope your easter was family, fun filled!
Connie