Monday, September 11, 2006

Love One Another

September 11, 2001.

It has already been five years. A long time for ones closely related to those that died. I have felt their heartaches. I still do.

I spent the morning watching President Bush and his wife, Laura as they honored those that died and stood with those left behind but have gone on with life.

Emergency workers and their stories. Newspeople and their stories. Stories coming from the children that experienced 9-11 first hand then and the thoughts they have now. Once again a feeling of great sadness enveloped me as I watched pictures of the Twin Towers falling and heard the people screaming. I cried when I felt the hopelessness of firemen and doctors as they shared how they tried their best to save.

And all this death was for what? For religion? For a god?

I remembered those that have asked, "Why did God do this to us?"

God? My mind questions their question.

I think of His love for mankind. I think of the words His Son said: "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

"All religions are the same." "Chrisitanity is just as guilty as Islam is for killing people for their own causes." I am reminded of the Crusades. God's Son said this: "By this all will know that you are MY disciples, if you have love for one another." Read more.

The world becomes a fearful place from those that kill in the name of their god. "Christians" that use God's moral standards to hurt others also make our world less secure. One cannot say they love God and have actions that are hateful. Killing is hateful!

I saw the changes that terrorism has brought into our lives while we traveled to Houston, Texas and then on to London, England, UK recently. As I emptied my carry on luggage and took off my shoes to be scanned I realized that we all have become terrorist suspects!

As we traveled it would have been an easy step for me to become anxious and fearful wondering what could happen ---but, I know the One that knows it all! Even if a terrorists should end living in my body for me today or tomorrow, that is all that will end ---for my spirit will live on.

9/11 brought on many security changes for the whole world, but my eternal security has never changed, this knowledge helps to take away fear.

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O Death, I will be your plagues! O Grave, I will be your destruction! Pity is hidden from my eyes." Hosea 13:13-15

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Well said, Constance...Nancy and I were talking about the many lives this event touched. We were in California preparing to drive to New Mexico that day, but couldn't move because of the shut down of interstate highways, etc.

Thanks for your insight! And I appreciate your visits! :-)