Thursday, May 04, 2006

Busy Binoculars

I pick up the binoculars.
I see...
There are no flowers yet.
There is no snow on the ground!
There is snow on the mountains.
The magpies left?
The nest looks abandoned.
Maybe they got scared off by the big dog?
Maybe they got scared off by the big bonfire?
Maybe they got scared off by Grammaloo and all her many, many Grandkids!
I see swans.
I see the muskrats eating on top of the melting ice.
I see a hawk eating on top of the melting ice.
What is he eating? A magpie?
One duck with a pointy bill.
Only one loon?
Black and white merganzers.
Mallards.
Brown ducks, one, two, three... four, five... oh, lots of them!
Squawking late at night.
Squawking early in the morning!
Beautiful white swans dip their heads and glide.
Lots of noisy cranes paired up on Mont's airstrip.
The eagles come and go.
Perching high up in the trees.
Spring has come.
The ice is going.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I wish I had your binoculars. :o)

(((Connie))) Have a great weekend!