Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Last of the Flowers

A Bouquet of Random Quotes
For You
All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.
Life is a journey, not a home.
Jesus prays for me!
If you want to put the world right, start with yourself.
We like someone because, we love someone although.
One reason a dog is such a loveable creature is that his tail wags instead of his tongue.
One of the mysteries of life is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry
the daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.
'Twas her thinking of others that made you think of her.
When a man has a "pet peeve" it's remarkable how often he pets it.
The fellow who worries what people think of him wouldn't
worry so much if he only knew how seldom they do.
Housework is something you do that nobody notices
unless you don't do it.
Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
Women will remain the weaker sex just as long as they are smarter.
Life is like licking honey off of a thorn.
If you don't enjoy your own company, why inflict yourself for hours on somebody else?
When you feel dog-tired at night, could it be because you have growled all day?
AND THE LAST..... (which Mom always said to her six daughters):
Pretty is as pretty does.
I never understood that for a long time either!
( All quotes were taken from "The Greatest Works of Jo Petty" )

5 comments:

Constance said...

As I read these it reminded me of my grandmother who had a saying for just about any occasion. She's been gone a little over 5 years now and I still miss her terribly. Whatever lessons I've learned in life about generosity and a giving heart, I have learned from her!

Kerri said...

Those are great quotes, Connie. Thank you so much for sharing!

Connie Marie said...

Now if only I could remember them, people would think that I am so wise and not just a wisecracker.

PS --- The flowers in the post were picked out of the yard here and there and saved from the ravages of Jack Frost. The temp this evening is 62F! I took the dogs for a walk and I had to unbutton my jacket! I love it!

Kerri said...

How lucky you are! We've had heavy rain and very strong winds all day long. It was gusting up to 80mph at times! I'm so glad it's finally calmed down out there. I've been awake since 4AM. Come to think of it, I should go to bed. ;o)

Gorgeous flowers, btw.

Constance said...

Totally off the subject...After I read your most recent comment on my site, I did an internet search on YOUR church and found it! As I looked around your church's website, I saw that the Ladies Ministry is doing the Beth Moore series on "The Patriarchs". I am really wanting to do that series! If it weren't so far maybe I'd just drive on over and do it with them! Have you had an opportunity to do any of Beth Moore's other studies? She is one of my favorite Bible Study teachers!
Connie