Sunday, October 30, 2005

BOO!

I am expecting Spiderman, Batman, a Tractor, an Angel, a Dragon, a cute little baby and two tired out Mom's tomorrow evening. These pumpkins are filled up with goodies and sitting here waiting. When my kids were young they participated in the door to door trick or treat night every year. I know many Christian people feel that it is wrong. We decided that it can be enjoyed as a family event so we all climbed into our van and stopped in the neighborhoods with brightly lit homes. Usually someone was at home to give out treats too, or if not, we got home early enough to catch the 100+ little people that came to our door every year. Mom and Dad allowed us to go trick or treating too. I remember one time when I was a little girl and my Mom worked so hard fixing me up to go out. She took a cloth diaper and tied it very snug around my face after she had cut holes for my eyes and mouth. Then she drew a face on it and combed my hair down around it, tied a scarf over my hair and the whole time she was softly laughing. Then she said, "Okay, you want to see?" She lifted me up to look in the mirror and I was so shocked at how awful I looked that I tore the mask off and would not go trick or treating even if it meant no candy for me. It's sad that now that many times our children are not as safe during this time of the year as we used to be when we were young. I hear of more and more parents bringing their children to or else planning an evening event that is just as fun for the kids in order to avoid making the rounds in the neighborhoods. Whatever you do tonight, make sure you all watch out for each other and make the evening fun for our little ones!

No comments: