Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bad Weather?

I was heading upstairs to bed and took my little ChewChew out to go potty and saw this big ring around the moon tonight! Dad said that bad weather was coming when he saw this. Rain, wind or snow. I can't remember which one. I got online to see what I could see about what others said. I read, bad weather. Seems every people have a prediction that they pass on about the ring around the moon. Do you? One interesting comment I read was, depending on how many stars you seen within the circle, that will be how many days until that change in weather gets here. There were no stars in this one, and the wind chimes are already chiming tonight. I will let you know if it .... snows, blows or rains and how many days. If the stars idea is right, then it should be here by morning! Good night!

4 comments:

Constance said...

Here in Texas today our predicted high is 94 degrees! Ugh! Whatever happened to Autumn? I've had to turn the air conditioner back on! We could use some rain too! I'm sick of the heat!
Connie

Kerri said...

It would have been nice to have bad weather down here today. But I'm just being selfish and wanting to keep Michael home an extra day. *sigh*

Connie Marie said...

Okay, weather report.

It's 30ºF, overcast and [[[[blowing]]]] from... hmmm... the north-ish. (Remember my sense of direction is little bit screwy.)
I would guess it's blowing about 20 mph right now and gusting. I see snow could be falling on Baldy. (Mountain right behind me). The barometric pressure dropped when I tapped the glass.

So that ring around the moon did bring in a change of weather and it was not nice weather. No snow here yet, but it could be today!

I would melt in Texas, Constance, I might even sizzle like bacon!

Tosses a big bed pillow to kerri, hang on ... he will be back soon.

Connie Marie said...

It's snowing as I type. So I guess that ring around the moon meant a weather change ... and it's snow!