Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Family's Coming!

Twin Lake & Sleeping Lady

Doug's parents will be visiting us for three weeks beginning Thursday. They had planned to come in July but because of a physical problem that his Dad had - it was delayed. We did not expect them to come now but we are glad they could. So, as many of us do when parent-in-law's come to visit, I was busy cleaning and straightening things up around here that normally get left for another day! I'm not going crazy about cleaning (as I have done in the past when Doug's parents come) but I did the refrigerator today. It was messy looking but it was not filled with smelly, scientific experiments! Don't you love those wonderful toss away food containers? I love those containers. Put the left-overs ("planned overs," Mom-in-law says) into them and if it spoils, just grab the whole thing and toss it! No smell, no fuss! I was spunky today and mowed the grass! I don't normally mow the grass. Hubby never wants me to. He says it's too hard for me, but I think he just likes to do it. Mowing the grass is okay for me to do as long as the ground is flat! We live on a bit of a hill so it can get tricky and hard for a "Grammaloo" to do. I didn't have to do it but it was so nice outside this afternoon and there was the mower just sitting there... I didn't do the whole yard just the places that are flat and are the first to be seen driving up to the house. There is a good chance the first impressions will be good! I also crawled around the yard today, cutting the long grass under and around the shrubs with plain ol' scissors. Doug's folks are traveling from Florida. Which reminds me of this great software that I downloaded and installed today too. It's called Google Earth! Oh my word, it is incredible. You can type in an address and it zooms right there! Satellite pictures. I am so impressed with it. Google Earth Download Site.(You will need Windows 2000 or XP to run the program.) Thanks to Doug for sharing that with me. I will try to post from Houston, Alaska during the next three weeks but if I don't, I hope you have a great three weeks!