Thursday, July 07, 2005

It's a Baby's World!

Baby Calvin, our sixth grandbaby. My baby dog Chewy was such a good puppy and very watchful while Baby Calvin napped on the couch yesterday. He made me feel so proud of him. He did not even try to run out the open door which he always does when not in this newly observed babysitting mode! When Calvin woke up, he barked to alert his Mom who was sitting outside enjoying the sunshine while all three boys napped! All three were ready to get up after that! Including one grumpy older brother!

Out on the back deck we have some bird houses and we were happy to enjoy two swallow families who joined us for a while. The first family has already left and these little guys are thinking about checking out the breeze. I expect that they will be ready to leave Alaska in a few days or less. Always a sad time to go outdoors and notice that I can only hear the wind in the trees and no chirping swallows anymore. Even yucky things have babies and we saw this huge spider in the garage today. She was carrying a hoard of spiders that crawled all over her back. I assume this was a female, I guess it could have been Father Spider too. Eeek. (NOPE, we didn't allow them to move in.)

Off to enjoy the beautiful thunder shower that decided to drop huge raindrops here today! I love it!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Calvin is so precious! So is Chewy...babysitting the little one. hehe

We haven't had thunder down this way but we sure are getting the rain.

Connie Marie said...

I agree, Calvin is precious!

We are going to go camping for a few days again. I am happy because we get to use the camper! I am spoiled and don't like to sleep in a tent!

Thunder was awesome yesterday, lots of it and soooo much rain with huge drops. Even hailed for a little bit too. Don't have much hope for the little patch of grass I tried to plant out in a bare spot, well one of many bare spots on the .... weedy lawn. :-)

Have a beautiful weekend, Kerri.