Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Speak The Word Lord

Listening to music on my computer and the Hinson's are singing "Speak The Word Lord" ...my ears long to hear you, speak the word Lord my heart aches to know.

So, yesterday I was in the Pond Cafe and reading my Bible. Our pastors at WBC are have been teaching from the Gospel of Mark. So I thought I should read there as I waited for lunch. Mark 13, signs of the end times which our pastor Larry spoke on.

"Watch that no one deceives you. Many will come in my name, claiming, "I am he," and will deceive many. When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains. You must be on your guard." Mark 13:5-9.
I continued to read that chapter and read on about
"When you see the abomination that causes desolation standing where it does not belong - let the reader understand - then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains." Mark 13:14.
I followed the note here to Daniel 9:27.

I decided to read about this online and this morning found a new blog, House of Chosun. He has a sorrow for the Christian's persecuted in North Korea today, but he also speaks of prophesies which I found interesting.

This morning I also woke up still wondering about the abomination which will "be standing where it does not belong." I must have been dreaming but with sleepy eyes I asked Doug, "Could this abomination be the Ark of the Covenant? And don't the Jews want to restore the temple and sacrificial worship?"

That was the half-awake and half-asleep world of Connie Marie early this morning. My sleepy world many times does not make sense, but I do know that Jesus Christ became the final sacrifice for sin and any further sacrifices offered to pay for our sins is only an abomination to God the Father.

"Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." Apostle Paul (II Timothy 4:8)

2 comments:

Faith said...

Excellent post. And guess what? I am also studying the book of Mark along with a topical study of God and His Sovereignty/Power This was great!

Attie said...

Hello there!! Wow that first paragraph of Mark sent chills down my spine.I feel the end is near sometimes.
I love your new look!!! so very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!