Saturday, November 10, 2007

Snowboots or Snowballs?

Doug asked me if I saw that it was snowing when he came in from the shop and I looked up and it was snowing! I had just been talking to my daughter and told her that we didn't have any snow on the ground. Now we do.

I love the huge snowflakes and can't resist going outside to enjoy them when they are gently falling so I got Chewy into his jacket and we went out the door. I don't really like walking clear around the lake but we did! It ended up being much longer than was comfortable, especially for Chewy. He grows big snowballs all over himself when he runs in the snow. He ends up wearing REAL snow boots.

When we got home I had to crunch the snow off and then set him in front of the woodstove to melt. He was not a happy ChewChew!

I took some pictures while we were out. Enjoy.

Sadly, all the snow brings traffic accidents and the Alaska State Troopers said that there were approximately 45 today including the horrible death in Anchorage of a pedestrian that was hit and dragged under a truck. The roads were horrible for driving today.

Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway. Maya Angelou

6 comments:

Constance said...

Ahhh.... The pictures were really nice! I thoroughly enjoyed them. Chew-Chew certainly didn't look like a happy camper in a couple of those pictures. His little snowboots were pretty cool (no pun intended!) We hit 81 degrees yesterday while I was out shopping for Christmas stuff yesterday. It doesn't feel like it's ever going to be cool! Summer has never hung on this long before!

The accident sounds terrible. A few years ago, a woman was coming home after drinking in a bar and hit a homeless man. He was trapped in her windshield and she drove home with him on her windshield. She parked the car in the garage and he finally died 2 days later!!!! That was absolutely horrible!
Connie

Jan Parrish said...

Constance, I think that was on a CSI episode. They use real life for their inspiration.

Sorry to hear about the accidents.

Awesome photo's Connie. Chewy is so adorable. :) I'm not sure he is liking the snow as much as the big dog.

You are living in a postcard too!

TO BECOME said...

Wow! the pictures look so real, they make me feel cold. Beautiful pictures. I can't even imagine such a time in the snow. I will pray for all those that have to be out on the roads today there. Hope you have a wonderful week. connie from Texas

Susannah said...

I loved your winter photos... it's a wonderland up there in Alaska! So beautiful. I especially liked the pics of your dog with the snow clumped all over his paws... poor little guy! :~D

Connie Marie said...

That is horrible! How can someone not see that someone is stuck on the windshield? What a nightmare!

"Poor little guy" would be right back out the door if I let him! I put him on a stool in front of the woodstove and he drip - dried! He didn't need a bath for a few more days too. :-)

Marie VW said...

Great Pictures!! I'm glad you took that walk around the lake. Chewy looked pretty miserable there with Kris holding him. ha. Poor puppy. I like his camo jacket though, it makes him look tough.