Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You've Made It To The Top!

A flyer in the mail prompted me to write this blog. It is a flyer mailed to Doug for condominiums for Alaska's active seniors! I guess that means we are getting up there in age, well at least HE is!

It's kind of funny to see him getting mail like this. He has not qualified for senior discounts at any restaurants yet but we know soon enough he will be on "top" of that too!

For some reason Blogger is not allowing me to copy and paste a URL into the Link spot in Edit. Sometimes computers sure test the patience to just about the limits, don't they?

Anyway, check out the new housing for Seniors coming to Anchorage Hillside soon. Legacy Pointe. Looks like a cool place to be.

They claim that Alaska is second only to Nevada as the fastest growing State for retiring seniors per capita in the Nation! Wow. We used to be the largest ice cream eating State per capita too. (I wonder if that is still the same.) The flyer also says that in the next 15 years the State's retired population is expected to triple and that is according to the University of Alaska Anchorage's Institute of Social ad Economic Research. I think that many of our old folks are "snow birds" --flying South for the winter.

This place will have a club house with a heated swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, gym, aerobic fitness center, indoor track, dance studio and a meeting room! Each building will have a coffee bar, meeting room, 24-hour emergency medical response, secured entry and parking, large common lobby, common sitting area, shuttle service to and from the Club House! Wow! That all sold me. I am ready to move there now!

The trip to Fairbanks was fun! Lots of sun and lots of time outdoors. I enjoyed it very much. The kids did really good at the races. I even got on Kris' quad and took a lap around the track! I now have taken a lap around the track and have a great appreciation for how much talent it takes to survive one race! Oh my, those kids are tough! I learned how to let go of the clutch and throttle the gas so that I could get going too! I killed it over and over before I finally got out on to the track. Doug also rode the quads and he did very good going around the track many more laps than I did.

I'm thanking the LORD for health today, for his and for mine and for kids that don't want us anywhere else but here with them!

3 comments:

Constance said...

Yay, you're back! Dave turned 52 this past Sunday and has began getting that same kind of junk mail too! I like to tease him (since I am only 46)about that kind of stuff. He quickly reminds me that while I am younger, he is in much better shape. Touche!

The "whatever" picture was a hoot!
Adios,
Connie

Susannah said...

I had no idea. None! They claim that Alaska is second only to Nevada as the fastest growing State for retiring seniors per capita in the Nation! Wow. We used to be the largest ice cream eating State per capita too. I'm so glad I discovered your blog. Maybe we'll "retire" in that amazing seniors residence you've described. It sounds wonderful. :~)

Connie Marie said...

Yup, back! HUGs Connie! You are back too! You are so young Connie! I remember when I was 46, ha! In the good ol' dayz...
Doug gets funny when the camera comes out. Isn't he cute?

e-mom, yes! The Hillside is a beautiful place too, if they have a good spot, the night lights of Anchorage are fantastic! My brother in law and my brother all live up there on "Snob Hill." ha