Monday, October 03, 2005

Satisfied

When I look on my children I smile. What wonderful gifts children are. There is nothing they can do to change that they are my children and that I love them. Sometimes they do things that make me so happy and sometimes they do things that make me so upset. Do I stop loving them either way? No. I can be made happier with them or I can become disappointed, but I never can not stop looking at them as mine. If you have children, you know how it is, even when they disappoint, inside your heart you say, "Awww, my baby." I thought I would comment on yesterdays sermon today. We go to Wasilla Bible Church. We try to go every Sunday morning, sometimes we don't make it because of trips here and there but every Sunday we have committed to being there. Yesterday, Pastor Larry spoke on how God is satisfied with us when He views us through His Son. Not because of any of our sacrifices, but because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice. God is satisfied. This sermon evolved from the needs for members to share in the cost of moving to a larger building. We now meet together at Wasilla Middle School as the remaining funds for building and the actual building itself are being met. Larry has spoken on giving for several Sunday's. He came to the conclusion that the word sacrifice shouldn't be used in relation to our giving. Especially the idea that by giving sacrificially we will get in better standing with God. Our sacrifices are not necessary in order to please God. Jesus Christ's sacrifice is the only sacrifice that will please God. Jesus Christ sacrificed all, God is pleased completely. He gave an illustration of his son making a CD for him of music that he enjoys. Larry said that he is already satisfied with his son and nothing he can do or say can make him more satisfied, but he can do things to please him. He likened it to why we do what we do in service to the Lord. We don't go to church on sundays, or give, or enter ministry because it will put us in better standing with God, but because it pleases God when we do things that He loves. A sweet smelling savor. The sermon was excellent. If you are interested you can listen to our Pastor online. (Link provided.)The sermon I am referring to is 10-02-05 Theology of Christian Sacrifice. Oops, I published before I was done typing. Well, check out the sermons, Larry is a very good Pastor.

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

You are a good Mom!

Constance said...

Isn't our Father God awesome?! There is nothing in this world that we can do to make Him love us any more than He already does and there is nothing in this world that we can do that will make Him love us any less! What a joy to my heart and waht a comfort to my soul when I mess things up!