Monday, September 19, 2005

Joy

Coming Home At Last! "Joy comes in the morning" Homecomings. I am thinking about homecomings this morning. My husband works away from home and he will be home tonight. He has a meeting to attend in Anchorage. He will be able to come home for the night before heading back to work. This photograph is from my daughter Marie’s Webshots albums (link included). She was with her special friend, Sarah, when her husband returned from active duty in Afghanistan. I think you will agree that the joy of being reunited has been captured in this beautiful photograph. I wonder what it will be like to see Jesus Christ face to face. He has longed for our presence so much that He died for us, and then for Him to have us in His presence physically ---can we even imagine the joy that He will be filled with? My Dad is there in His presence. One night I had a dream. I saw Dad and I was moving towards him but was stopped by so many saying "hi" and "hello", "how are you". I hurried as much as I could because I wanted to be where he was. I saw his back and his hair, and he was standing, laughing and visiting. Someone asked me, "Who are you looking for?" I said, "My Dad, that's him." I pointed to my Dad. "Oh!" He moved aside to let me walk to Dad, but I woke up then. I woke up with incredible joy in my heart and it made me anxious to be where they are. The event that affected all of eternity continues to bring life and joy to countless millions dead and alive who have chosen to believe Jesus Christ rose victoriously from death! Because of that victory I believe when I physically die, I will meet Jesus Christ face to face and He will bring me to the world that knows no sorrows, no pain, no injustices, no Katrina's, no 9/11's ---but only happiness and joy that will go on forever. Can we even imagine that?! All joy --- just for believing. I believe Jesus Christ became the only Savior willing to die for me. I have bowed my head in His presence full of thankfulness and have believed Him and accepted His Way over my own measley efforts to be a good person or to do what's right. Knowing that all of eternity with it's wonders waits for me fills my heart with joy. I look forward to that homecoming "some glad morning when this life is o'er"! "O sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:4,5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerri said...

I definitely see the joy of being reunited in that photo. Thank you for sharing.

I've often thought about what it will be like meeting Jesus face to face. As wonderful as I think it would be, I know I'm not even coming close. The joy will be like no other we're able to feel here on earth.