Saturday, August 13, 2005

It's HOT!

An Evening at Eureka
Fireweed Blooms
Glen Highway
Yesterday the temperature was up to 90 F here at Twin Lake. We are at 88 F today. (3:30 PM). Most likely get up to the same temp as yesterday. The sun is pretty much overhead right now. All this heat makes we wonder about Global Warming. Is that really happening or is it a scare tactic, as some say. To scare people, but why? I have no idea. I saw a bumper sticker that said: "Alaskan's FOR global warming". Alaskan's aren't scared! We are thinking a few banana trees in the back yard could be fun! Hot weather when I was growing up was 70 f. We walked around pulling our necklines and fanning ourselves with it saying over and over, "It's sooooooooo hot!" Mom said, "It's too hot to cook." We knew it was VERY hot when Dad said that! My children were young when 68 F was a beautiful summer day and IF it got to 70 F (!!!!!) they could go and run in the sprinkler! My daughter and I were talking and laughing about that recently. I don't remember many days when they would run in the sprinkler. Now we have lightning and thunder showers! I remember the first few times that I actually heard thunder. My now 24 year old son Klint, (not in school yet) stood by the patio door and listened. It frightened him and then he said, "Mom, God does not love us anymore." Before my Dad went to Heaven, he came over and carried a chair to the back deck to sit and listen to the thunder. It was all new then. I think we are having more of it recently. At least it is not as exciting as back then, unless it is right over the top of us! Anyway, the fireweed is nearly bloomed completely and right now it's hard to believe the old saying that when the fireweed blooms clear to the top, by six weeks we will see the first snow flurries. BRRRR! Come on sunshine! Something to think about:
Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory. Revelation 16:8,9

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I know what you mean...I remember watching the temperature closely because once it got over 65, I was allowed to swim at the beach!