Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

My husband is away from home but the internet allows us to have daily contact and even share pictures like this. Happy Father's Day to a great Dad! My own Dad passed on to Heaven in 1987 and I sure miss him. Some days the loss of him is stronger than other days, but I know that someday we will see each other again. He always used to say: "Christ in me, the hope of Glory". Dad was a Russian Orthodox lay reader. He used to sit and read the church books in Russian. He did not speak Russian, but could read it. My Mom became familiar with the Bible while she was away from the village and attended another church in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where her fathers family lived. As a result, after years of struggle, Dad decided that he would not be a lay reader anymore or attend the RO church. His change came from one of the ten commandments that says, "thou shalt not have any graven images...." Just a little history with my Dad's day post. This picture is of the hammock stand the kids went together to buy for their Dad and I added the hammock to the deal and now we are waiting for him to come back home and get into it!

No comments: